LUBEGEL is a sterile lubricating gel
LUBEGEL is used to make the insertion of an instrument or tube into a body cavity as smooth, sterile and pain-free as possible. It is frequently used for urinary catheter insertion, cystoscopy, intra-uterine device insertion, hysteroscopy, nasogastric tube insertion, proctoscopy, sigmoidoscopy and colonoscopy and during other investigative procedures.
LUBEGEL should not be used:
- If the moist lining (mucous membrane) of the application site (mouth, bladder, urethra, vagina, colon or rectum) is damaged or bleeding.
- Remove syringe from sterile pouch by tearing away the backing paper.
- Remove the cap.
- Apply a small amount of LUBEGEL around the urethral opening.
- Gently insert the nozzle into the urethra.
- Apply even pressure to the syringe, slowly releasing the lubricant gel in an equal flow.
- LUBEGEL will fill and numb the urethra.
- Insert the catheter.