ALPROS the active substance is Alprostadil. Each single ampule contains 300 micrograms of alprostadil in 100 mg of cream (3 mg/g).
Pack of 4 ampules.
ALPROS is indicated to treat erectile dysfunction (ED) in men 18 years of age or older.
Hypersensitivity to Alpros cream is a contraindication. In addition, Alpros Cream should not be used in following cases:
- If you have underlying disorders such as drop in blood pressure when going from a lying/sitting to a standing position, history of a heart attack, and syncope (dizziness).
- If you have an abnormally formed penis.
- If you have an inflammation or infection of the penis.
- If you have been told not to have sex for health reasons such as heart problems or a recent stroke.
- If your partner is pregnant, breast feeding or of childbearing potential unless you use a condom barrier.
Alpros cream is supplied in PE ampule, a single dose of cream:
- Wash your hands before applying Alpros.
- Remove the PE ampule from the sachet by tearing fully down the seal from the middle of the top edge. Save the sachet for discarding the used ampule later.
- Bring the contents of the single-dose ampule to room temperature by rolling the ampule between your hands (or keep it in your hands for a few minutes).
- Twist the head of ampule to open it.
- Use the ampule directly to apply Alpros at the meatus or opening of the penis. The onset of
effect is within 5 to 30 minutes after application. The duration of effect is approximately one to two hours.
Note: urinating directly after application will significantly reduce the effect, so try to go to the bathroom before applying the cream.